Talk

Advanced search

English book downloads when living in Germany?

(9 Posts)
DarkRoots Fri 29-Jan-16 10:05:07

Hoping someone can advise!
Am moving to Germany and trying to decide what to do about books, etc.

If I buy a kindle and register it here in the UK, can I download books from Amazon.co.uk with no issues? Hearing all sorts of confusing stuff about licensing and so on, and don't want to waste money on a kindle if I can't use it.

Also can't live without books in English being readily available!

TIA

Costacoffeeplease Fri 29-Jan-16 10:19:52

I live in Portugal and have a kindle, although I have to use the us site to download books, it's fine

DarkRoots Fri 29-Jan-16 10:28:25

Thank you! So the US site has all the same stuff as the UK one?
Hope so!

Costacoffeeplease Fri 29-Jan-16 10:43:08

Yes usually - I haven't found it to be a problem. If you still have a U.K. Address you can still use the uk site, but I don't so my credit cards are registered here and it automatically takes me to the us site

DarkRoots Fri 29-Jan-16 10:59:46

Ah ok. So I should be ok if I just register it here and use my UK bank account.
Thanks again!

jomidmum Fri 29-Jan-16 11:09:36

I live in the Middle East have have no problem downloading from the UK Amazon site.

NatD1 Fri 29-Jan-16 14:12:07

I use Amazon UK on my kindle, registered using a UK bank card. No problems wherever I've been overseas.

Gfplux Mon 08-Feb-16 16:44:20

Why not join your local UK library and then you can sign on from Germany and download E Books for free. You can d the same with audio books. Not quite the choice of Amazon but plenty to chose from.
Even get friends to give you their log on details for different library's will widen the choice.
I know someone who lives in Europe who has family in the USA and they get E Books from a library there.

tomatodizzy Wed 10-Feb-16 12:01:39

I use Amazon UK on my kindle, registered using a UK bank card. No problems wherever I've been overseas.

same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now