Talk

Advanced search

Weekend accommodation in central Sydney?

(11 Posts)
Archduke Sun 17-Jan-16 04:22:06

Hi all, can anyone in Sydney or someone who's holidayed there recently help me out?

The dds and I are heading to Sydney at the end of Jan for a weekend (fri & sat night) and I'm looking for accommodation. We would like to be bang on the Harbor in 5* accommodation for very few $$s grin.

But seriously if you have any recommendations I would be extremely grateful.

We do want to be reasonably central - last time we stayed in a great place in Newtown but it's not available any more.

Thanks.

GrinAndTonic Sun 17-Jan-16 05:56:27

We always stay at the Castlereagh Hotel on Castlereagh Street. It's old but but lovely. It's not the cheapest but it is close to everything.

Look on Groupon/Scoopon etc for accommodation deals.

Archduke Sun 17-Jan-16 08:28:06

Thank you Grin - will check it out. What suburb is Castlereagh St in? Obv can google but about to have me dinner grin

GrinAndTonic Sun 17-Jan-16 09:21:16

It is smack bang in the middle of town. It's about a five minute dawdle to the Pitt Street Mall, ten to Circular Key and fifteen to Darling Harbour.
It's owned by Masons (we aren't but if you are you get a discount).

GrinAndTonic Sun 17-Jan-16 09:24:06

www.thecastlereagh.com.au/

Archduke Sun 17-Jan-16 21:13:57

That's great thanks grin.

Archduke Sun 17-Jan-16 21:22:34

Grin, when you stay there can they accommodate more than 2 in a room? I need somewhere for me and both kids (under 11) in one room.

GrinAndTonic Mon 18-Jan-16 11:07:20

No idea sorry. I think they can. I've never needed two beds.

GinSolvesEverything Tue 19-Jan-16 17:46:43

The Mantra apartments at 2 Bond Street are great. Right in the CBD, WITH 5 minutes to circular quay one way, and 5 mins to Pitt Street Mall in the other direction.

Archduke Thu 21-Jan-16 07:48:56

Thanks dudes grin

KiwiJude Thu 21-Jan-16 20:05:56

We've stayed at the Mantra on Bond a couple of times, last being November 2015. Not flash but very handy to everything and a reasonable price. Super close to the train as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now