Talk

Advanced search

Mid-year move to France

(4 Posts)
UnDeuxCrois Sat 21-Nov-15 07:46:35

Hello everyone

We are considering moving to France mid school year (probably January) and wondered if any of you have advice or experiences to share.

DD is 5 and in GS in a French school abroad. She seems settled, is just now making good friendships and her life is built around the school with lots of after school activities and play dates.

There is a possibility of waiting until the summer, but don't know whether it is more important to let her finish the year with her friends or to get her settled in a Maternelle and registered for primaire near home. It would be a bit of a nightmare to have a cross town trek because all the places had been allocated, which is what I presume would happen with a summer move. We are planning on sending her to the local school, as this worked out well when we lived in France before.

I don't know what to do!

frenchfancy Wed 25-Nov-15 15:25:07

I would be tempted to move earlier rather than later, so she can get settled before she starts CP.

BoboChic Fri 27-Nov-15 16:41:04

Better to start your DD in CP - the DC won't all have been at the same maternelle together anyway and it is a fresh beginning for everyone, children and parents alike. Much easier than joining a GS class mid-year.

UnDeuxCrois Sun 29-Nov-15 13:46:34

Thanks for your responses frenchfancy and BoboChic.

We will probably wait for the summer, but still not entirely sure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now