Talk

Advanced search

Advice on pre- and primary schools in Paris

(6 Posts)
mslulukat Sun 11-Oct-15 23:33:44

Hello,

I was wondering whether anyone has experience of and/or advice on the following pre-schools in Paris, as I don't seem to be able to find much information about them online (other than on their own websites):

BISP
Bilingual Montessori School
123 Mon Ecole
Ecole Koenig
Little English Montessori School

I am looking for a suitable nursery and possibly primary school for my (currently) tri-lingual son (Greek-English-German) as it looks as if we will be moving back to Paris some time next year. He will be 4 in March.

Many thanks in advance for any tips, advice or information.

BoboChic Mon 12-Oct-15 15:18:24

Are you planning to educate your DS in the French system? You could try applying to Ecole Jeannine Manuel, which starts in MS so your son would be starting in the first year. EJM loves plurilingual DC.

Otherwise EIB Monceau or Eurécole.

mslulukat Mon 12-Oct-15 18:09:34

Thanks BohoChic - that's the partly the issue, I would rather he were educated in a primarily anglophone school. We do not speak English at home (at least not within the family) and I worry that if he goes to somewhere like EAB or EJM French will eventually become his dominant language and I would like to avoid that if possible. Don't get me wrong - I don't hate France or the French, I just happen to think that English is more useful in the long run and I and his father also have a closer affinity with English and anglophone cultures. Plus chances are we won't be in France for ever and it will be easier to switch him to another international school somewhere else in the world if his English is strong/his main academic language.

I was asking about the schools above as they seem to be less 'mainstream' and there is little information about them. I am of course planning to visit as many as I can when I am next in Paris, but other parents' views are always extremely helpful.

BoboChic Mon 12-Oct-15 18:14:01

How about sending him to a French maternelle FT for a year so that he learns French (which is pretty important if you want him to do extra curricular activities) and then put him in ISP?

mslulukat Mon 12-Oct-15 22:08:44

I think FT French maternelle would totally confuse the poor guy - he doesnt really have any French at the moment. Plus, I would have to find another way to keep his English going then.

mslulukat Tue 20-Oct-15 17:17:10

Eurecole would also be an option I guess since it also offers German, but it has had lots of negative reviews on this board. Any recent experiences of it (particularly the early yeras/primary)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now