Talk

Advanced search

Anyone live in the Seychelles?

(4 Posts)
hackneyzoo Thu 01-Oct-15 21:37:26

I've had a potential job offer there, accommodation budget included. I have 3 dcs of Primary School age and DH would be working too. I've lived in Asia before, but nowhere as remote as the Seychelles. Is it hard to find a flat? Is there an expat community? Just interested to hear from anyone who's had experience living there.

mbabanemummy Mon 05-Oct-15 19:37:02

I've worked with someone who worked there and LOVED it. Not particularly helpful sorry!

Crunchyontheoutside Sun 08-Nov-15 03:49:09

There is a UK mum who lives there who blogs at SeychellesMama.com. She's also on Twitter if you're a tweeter @ChantelleVR

GoSCarGo Sun 08-Nov-15 04:00:21

Experience with a place in a similar part of the world as my husband s from there (island, honeymoon destination) and as a white woman, I would not want to live there, I think.

Big gap between rich and poor, corrupt government and the problems that brings.

When we visit the in-laws (who are not white but are relatively wealthy for that country), they do not consider it safe for me to go out for a run or be in the house on my own and I have noticed people do a double take when they see me in the garden there through the gate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now