Advanced search

Travel insurance for trips home

(3 Posts)
alteredimages Wed 15-Jul-15 10:03:11

I am going to be coming back to the UK for an extended visit over the summer and am having a lot of trouble finding travel insurance.

I am not fussed about trip cancellation, I just want the medical cover because I am not UK resident. So far I found BUPA which will cost almost £400 for both single trip or annual cover or Egyptian subsidiaries of major insurers who offer laughable benefits (£25k emergency medical cover anyone?) for inflated prices.

I am a UK citizen but Egyptian resident, does anyone know of a company who will give decent cover without breaking the bank?

mrsmortis Wed 15-Jul-15 13:14:11

I'd try calling Amex. You'll need to talk to them but they probably have an appropriate option.

alteredimages Wed 15-Jul-15 14:22:53

Thanks for the tip mrsmortis, I will give them a call.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: