Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

French Brevet question

(7 Posts)
clearsommespace Sun 05-Jul-15 20:58:12

DS has just finished 5eme. Up until now we have always kept exercise books from the previous year in case he needed to consult them. So last July we chucked out the CM2 stuff. This year we need to go through the stack of books his finished with last summer.
I now realise I know nothing about what they are tested on in the Brevet What he will need to be revising in the Spring of his 3eme. Is is just what they learnin 4eme and 3eme? Does anyone know if we need to keep his 'cahiers' for subjects like Histoire Géo throughout his collège years?
TIA

Laptopwieldingharpy Tue 07-Jul-15 05:51:28

I don't remember using any material from previous years for my brevet!
Anything learnt is consolidated the following years.

zimbomaman Tue 07-Jul-15 06:04:53

No you don't need to keep past years' work unless the teachers specifically say that they will continue with the same exercise books.

clearsommespace Tue 07-Jul-15 06:24:51

OK, thanks.
Laptop, that is common sense in some subjects such as maths. But I wasn't sure about the 'topic' based subjects.

pastaofplenty Tue 07-Jul-15 06:52:54

DD found it was useful to keep her history-geography stuff (especially for remembered history timelines/dates) for the Brevet - the 4eme stuff anyway and some of the sciences. Not essential but it supplemented what she studid in 3eme. Though if you've already binned don't worry smile

Laptopwieldingharpy Tue 07-Jul-15 09:27:53

I would have said yes history & geography but at the rate our world spins out of control and its borders these days......

Latin and languages for refrence maybe?

clearsommespace Tue 07-Jul-15 11:50:21

I haven't binned anything yet except his 6eme English books as he definitely won't be needing those!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now