Talk

Advanced search

Postal Services in France

(4 Posts)
Earlytorise Thu 02-Jul-15 08:14:43

Help in Buying an item from France on Ebay
I'd be so grateful if anyone could help.

I have found an item on the french ebay site that is 6 times more expensive to buy here in the UK. The item is Buy it Now the seller is willing to send it to me but unsure by what means (They have 100% rating but 34 ratings in total so are a bit inexperienced therefore) they have suggested Mondial Relay, Colissimo La Poste but have asked me to help advise, I have bought lots of things from ebay but have never sold anything so I don't have a clue.

I'd be paying roughly £10 (13 Euro) for the item if that helps. Obviously I'd like the most inexpensive but reliable/ secure means. Please Please advise

TIA

frozentree Thu 02-Jul-15 08:35:15

I find sending things things by post to the UK incredibly expensive here in France. I have used Collisimo before, which I think you have to sign for and is operated by the French post system. It all depends on what weight/size your item is. They have various padded envelopes and boxes; to send something weighing up to a kilo, its about 10 euros, but it obviously has to be able to fit into their envelope. I've never had a problem with delivery. Hope this helps.

Earlytorise Thu 02-Jul-15 08:51:20

Frozen, thank you so much for this info (and the speedy reply!)

MountainDweller Mon 06-Jul-15 00:20:57

You have prob sorted this by now but... It depends on the size of the item. To be sent by normal post, the package needs to be less than 3cm thick. That would be 10 euros for 500g to 1kg I think. If thicker than 3cm it has to go collissimo which will be well into the teens even for a small item.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now