We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bye bye, BBC Global iPlayer

(10 Posts)
echt Tue 12-May-15 22:03:27

Im so sad about this. No doubt it will be revived, packaged with Foxtel and full of adverts to interrupt the shows.

Oh, and more expensive, with fewer programmes to watch.

sad

Steadycampaign Wed 13-May-15 07:23:09

Does the Global Iplayer only refer to TV not Radio?

Live in mainland Europe and all of a sudden cannot access back episodes of The Archers on my Ipod! Seems a bit too much of a coincidence... .

mummytime Wed 13-May-15 07:33:51

If you can't get the Archers have you tried :the Essex Plumber

LinzerTorte Wed 13-May-15 09:09:21

I'm still getting the Archers episodes on my iPod without any problems, SC - do you subscribe to the podcast? Have just checked and I can also access old episodes going back to April (plus a few random episodes from 2013 and 2014).

Steadycampaign Wed 13-May-15 09:13:30

Hi Linzer! Thanks for response.

I don't know if I have subscribed to the Podcast or not (I am utterly hopeless with this sort of thing) but am very happy to do so. I think that is what I might need to investigate!!

Sorry but I am such an old Luddite I am not entirely sure of the difference between Iplayer radio and Podcasts ... .

Thanks for the link Mummytime - v. interesting - but surely that cannot be legal?

DiDiddlyIDi Wed 13-May-15 09:14:38

You need to get a VPN. It will change your life. I watch lots of BBC and channel 4 things in my Mac, laptop and iPad and hook it up to my TV using AirPlay. Costs $55usd a year from StrongVPN and their service is fantastic. 24/7 support.

I don't work for them, just a happy customer.

SoupDragon Wed 13-May-15 09:17:15

Can't you access the normal iPlayer using a VPN? I think someone on!n once recommended an app called Tunnelbear. Not sure what platforms it works on.

SoupDragon Wed 13-May-15 09:17:35

Xpost smile

LinzerTorte Wed 13-May-15 09:33:47

SC Will PM you to save the thread from turning into an Archers podcast discussion!

Steadycampaign Wed 13-May-15 09:58:22

Thank you Linzer - very kind of you

Sorry for hi-jacking thread Echt hope you find a solution!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now