Talk

Advanced search

Long shot but Al Bustan compound Riyadh?

(5 Posts)
ihearttc Sun 08-Feb-15 11:25:23

DH has been offered a fantastic package to go and work in Saudi.

The money they are offering just keeps going up and up-I have resisted up until now because I really don't want to go but I think its going to end up being either DH goes out there on his own or we finally make a decision and all go.

If we go we are apparently going to be living on this compound. As I understand it the American School has just relocated to here. I have 2 boys (10 and in Y5 in uk and 4 currently in Nursery) so it would make sense that they go here I suppose although I would rather they went to the British School instead.

The compound itself looks amazing. Oldest son is a huge sports fan and it has indoor football pitches etc. But Im aware the photo's don't always give the full picture so just wondered if anyone had any experience of this particular compound. Ive looked on Ex Pat forums but doesn't seem to be any recent information on there.

Isthiscorrect Sun 08-Feb-15 18:14:55

Ask specifically on expatwoman. There is bound to be someone who lives or has lived or has a friend who can tell you something about. Good luck. It can be huge fun.

Ddfresh05 Fri 13-Oct-17 17:14:09

Hi there,
Did you end up moving into Al Bustan compound? We are planning to move there at the end of the year and I would love an insight of the compound.

Many thanks
D

HappyEverIftar Mon 16-Oct-17 18:27:21

I moved to KSA earlier this year and stayed on this compound for a week whilst we were looking around at other compounds (they have an onsite hotel).

From what I saw, it's a very modern compound, the villas are lovely, very modern (definitely the best we saw when looking around, it can be a mixed bag having seen some others). The sports facilities are excellent and there is a lovely looking pool. I would say it's great for kids who can ride around on their bikes/scooters etc in safety. Most compounds have a strictly enforced speed limit.

Price was what stopped us from moving in, plus I thought it was a little 'clinical' as it was so modern. Good luck on your move to KSA!

ksa103 Wed 18-Oct-17 13:56:19

Ddfresh05
We lived in Riyadh, returned to UK last year. We knew some families on Al Bustan and they were very happy there. Great facilities and service, although very very pricey!
We were on a compound further south, off the Khurais Road, to the east of the city.
Do shout if there's any more info you need.
All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now