Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sending presents to Singapore

(8 Posts)
MissMuffetisin Tue 02-Dec-14 19:43:48

Dd has just moved to Singapore with her partner. They now have an apartment and I want to send a house warming gift . Looked at inter flora international , £50 for a pot plant ! Is it possible to send stuff through Singapore based companies - or Singapore branches of uk firms like m and s ? I'm conscious I need to be thinking ahead for Christmas to ! How do other people send presents ?

EsmeGruntFuttock Tue 02-Dec-14 20:32:01

Just had a quick Google and it seems you can send stuff via Amazon...

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=11072981#GUID-5672CA9A-98DA-48AF-A7A0-AE69554161F3__SECTION_9F644D3108A8424B94B24EE89F8B07C9

I'm sure other online retailers also offer this service. I think I saw John Lewis and M&S mentioned in a previous thread...

This wasn't available when we lived in Singapore a couple of years ago but I think this has now changed. Hopefully someone who's actually done it will be along soon...

butterfliesinmytummy Tue 02-Dec-14 23:00:45

Use a local florist rather than interflora. Far East flora is a good one in singapore. Orchids are dirt cheap, probably £10 for a huge plant, but still a gorgeous display, you get lots for your money if you spend more.

John Lewis, m&s, next etc all ship but only a limited range of homewares.

Laptopwieldingharpy Wed 03-Dec-14 00:01:39

Far east flora!

The white company?

Saltedcaramellavacake Wed 03-Dec-14 13:21:30

John Lewis has free shipping to SG at the moment. Just always be careful to stay under the SG customs limit or your daughter will have to pay tax on the parcel (plus handling fees). I think the limit is $Sing 400 including any delivery charges.

MissMuffetisin Wed 03-Dec-14 19:20:49

Thanks for all the advice - off internet shopping now !

Cerisier Thu 04-Dec-14 08:04:59

M&S don't deliver to Singapore but John Lewis, Amazon, House of Fraser and The White Company do.

For shops that don't deliver here we use a forwarding company forward2me.com. You have the items sent to them, they check them and put the boxes into a very strong box and DHL it over to Singapore. It is an excellent service but isn't cheap.

butterfliesinmytummy Thu 04-Dec-14 13:51:15

Try etsy.com for quirky gifts, you can select 'ships to singapore' and lots of sellers do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now