Talk

Advanced search

UWC Singapore

(7 Posts)
mumster79 Fri 07-Nov-14 17:16:00

Hi Singapore ladies,

I would appreciate your advice: we'll be applying to UWC for our children. Does anyone know if you're more likely to be offered a place at their Dover of East campus?

Many thanks.

mumster79 Fri 07-Nov-14 17:18:42

Bloody phone. Obviously I mean Dover OR East campus!?

Cerisier Mon 10-Nov-14 15:47:20

Have you phoned admissions and asked their advice?

mumster79 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:22:00

Yes, they were fairly non committal.

Saltedcaramellavacake Thu 13-Nov-14 14:32:03

I don't think there is anyway of knowing - I was told that they assess each child and are looking for a mix of gender, nationalities, personalities etc for each class (eg if a boy leaves and your girl is next on the wait list, the place will be offered to the next boy in order to keep the balance). Are you aware that although they don't technically have a wait list anymore and receive new applications for each year, they are still honouring the wait list for those who had applied before they changed their application process? This means that there are far fewer spots available and it is still extremely difficult to get a place. Even harder to predict the campus!

mumster79 Sat 15-Nov-14 12:20:46

Thanks Salted - that's v interesting to know. I wasn't aware that they were still honoring the old waiting list system in addition. That does rather change things currently doesn't it...
Thanks so much for the advice.

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 16-Nov-14 22:27:20

It doesn't affect us any more as we are no longer in singapore but we put both dd's on uwc Dover waiting list in 2009. At that time the wait list was up to 8 years for some classes and they abandoned it a couple of years later so I would imagine that there would be some sort of wait list in place for some classes possibly until 2019.... We actually slipped down the wait lists over 2 years due to nationality (they won't have more than a certain % of any nationality in the school), teachers children and sibling rules.

The east coast campus was built to eliminate the wait list but it didn't do this at all. I wonder if the new dulwich school in the center of singapore has had an effect on numbers at Dover....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now