Advice regarding schools in Singapore, moving from the UK

(5 Posts)
papooshka Fri 07-Nov-14 10:53:58

We were at ISS and were very happy with it. Tanglin/UWC are always hard to get into. Dulwich and Marlborough are the new schools. Also try Nexus, Dover Court, Chatsworth, OFS. Do bear in mind though that a few schools are moving location and OFS for example will be near the airport.

butterfliesinmytummy Tue 04-Nov-14 00:26:36

I also have british friends who are very happy with the Canadian school.

butterfliesinmytummy Tue 04-Nov-14 00:25:57

We were at Dover, which we loved but I have friends who moved to dulwich this year and cannot say enough good things about it. UWC is another good choice.

fatowl Mon 03-Nov-14 23:39:38

Places are very tight in Singapore.

Other schools you can look at apart from Tanglin are:
Dulwich (new school),
UWE -Highly regarded, places also tight but you might get lucky
Marlborough, in Johor Baru, Malaysia, but takes a lot of students from Singapore,
Nexus,
Overseas Families school -hear variable reviews
SAS- Singapore American school-US curriculum but I know very happy British families there.
International school Singapore (ISS) - met the principal this weekend- don't know about any feedback from parents though.
Dover court - good SEN support if that is a concern

Movinghelp2015 Mon 03-Nov-14 17:02:41

Hello, we are planning to move to Singapore next year .
My kids would have finished year 5 and year 3 in the UK and a confused as to which school would be best to enrol them into.

I understand the waiting lists are long. I have heard of thenGlobal Indian School which also has British curriculum from Year 8 onwards and wonder if anyone has had any experience or knowledge of this school.
I am also looking at Tanglin though am not sure of getting a place, in time, there.

Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in