Singapore - German European School Singapore

(5 Posts)
LittlePoppetsMummy Sat 02-Aug-14 17:30:22

Does anyone know of Brits with children at GESS (English or German streams)? It sounds like a friendly close-knit community with a strong emphasis on music tuition in the primary school and very green campuses. The kindergarten combines ages 3 to 5, which would suit our quirky and extrovert daughter better than being just in her own year group, but I'd like to know what it's like in the primary section, eg academics (including maths) and whether girls tend to form cliques or bully. Could it be a first choice for a bright child or would it just be a holding school until one of the others comes up? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
butterfliesinmytummy Sat 02-Aug-14 19:53:40

I know German families in singapore whose kids have been in primary and secondary school there and they have all loved it. These were all mother tongue German however so I can't tell you if there was a split between German and non German speakers. I've never heard about bullying there but I don't think you'll come across that in 5 yos. Most international schools IMHO seem to instill acceptance into their pupils as so many come and go each year and bullying wasn't on our radar in singapore at Dover court, or on many of my friends' at tanglin, Canadian, Swiss, French Australian schools, uwc etc.

LondonForTheWeekend Mon 04-Aug-14 01:15:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittlePoppetsMummy Mon 04-Aug-14 09:07:54

Thanks Butterflies and LFTW!

Just out of interest LFTW, why did you pick the Swiss School over the German European School for your own kids?

OP’s posts: |
LondonForTheWeekend Mon 04-Aug-14 14:15:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in