What is the EDF TPN tarif?

(9 Posts)
googietheegg Mon 21-Apr-14 12:22:19

Just got a massive edf bill so called to check it was right, which it is shock Bloke from edf told me there is a reduced tarif called TPN which we can apply for with a form for CMU from CPAM.

Has anyone done this? What does it mean? We are auto-entrepreneurs with one child. Any advice please?

OP’s posts: |
googietheegg Tue 22-Apr-14 11:29:35

Ok this seems like its a declaration of low income!? Is that right? Does anyone know about this while being an autoentrepreneur?

OP’s posts: |
TheTerribleBaroness Tue 22-Apr-14 11:36:44

Which country are you in?

googietheegg Tue 22-Apr-14 12:31:28

Ahh, good idea...I'm in France

OP’s posts: |
tb Wed 23-Apr-14 16:04:43

I do know that edf do a special tariff for people on low income. If you're eligible for income-based cmu, perhaps that's what it means.

You could either go into an edf shop, or look on their online site, or ask the assistante sociale where you live.

Here's a link to the edf site

It can give you up to €140 a year reduction, and your details are transmitted automatically by the impots to edf if, according to your declaration, you qualify.

If you have 2 children, the threshhold is €2030 net per month, so about 24k a year.

unobtanium Wed 23-Apr-14 16:10:02

It's their Tarif de Première Nécessité which as a pp has rightly deduced applies to people with a net revenue below a certain ceiling. The CMU form from CPAM establishes your right to their Aide pour Complémentaire Santé, again on similar grounds, and it serves as proof to EDF that you qualify for their TPN... another way to prove you qualify for the TPN is through your tax declaration I believe which again serves as proof of an income below their ceiling.
I've never done it, it all looks quite involved and you might be best calling the CPAM helpline for more help. Your CMU form goes back to CPAM and from what I've been able to see on their site it looks as if this may go on from them to EDF automatically -- but check this!
If you need help with the French came back on here.

Hope that helps a bit. If you need help with French come back on here. Also if you are new to the country and would like to join a really useful network, look up MESSAGE Paris, they are really wonderful.

unobtanium Wed 23-Apr-14 16:10:59

sorry x post with tb


tb Wed 23-Apr-14 17:03:28

You could always contact your CAF. Sometimes they can help with things, as well as the assistante sociale at your mairie. If the CAF can't help, they may be able to direct you to the right people.

There are also posters on the french-entree forum - it used to be totalfrance.com, but many of the original posters are still there.

googietheegg Wed 23-Apr-14 19:42:39

Gréât advice - thank you. Sounds like the ceiling isn't really all that low then. Can you be an auto-entrepreneur and get CMU then? I don't want to mess up my ae status. And the edf bloke said the reduction was 40% which is worthwhile, but 140euros might not be worth any hassle with my ae paperwork.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in