Talk

Advanced search

Need some opinions please!!!!

(5 Posts)
scottswede Wed 12-Feb-14 09:38:42

Getting myself into a state over WHEN to move back to UK.
Have a half renovated house that realistically won't be ready for the market till after this summer.
The question is:
#Put it on the market as soon as and move as soon as.
OR
#Put it on the market at the end of the year and hope it sells by next summer.
I know I can't control when or( gulps nervously )even if the house will sell.
For the kids sake we should move just before the summer(2015) so they can adjust before starting new school etc.
For my sake I don't think my mental health will last another 1 1/2 years quite frankly.
Do I put the kids first and plan around them or just escape go when we can????.
Any input welcome confused

Nomad55 Wed 12-Feb-14 09:56:59

Escape when you can, living somewhere you don't like is horrible. If you can do it financially, you will feel so much better living somewhere you want to be smile A house can be a hurdle, but not as much as a partner who isn't willing to move for example, if everyone is on board everything else will fall into place!

castlesintheair Wed 12-Feb-14 10:06:14

Is it just the house/DCs' education keeping you there scottswede? If so I would put house on market now and keep doing it up. I don't know what the market is like where you are but could it take some time to sell anyway? The DCs will adjust to anything so whilst it is good to consider them, your MH takes precedent. I've read lots of your posts and know how unhappy you are. Is DH on board with this?

scottswede Wed 12-Feb-14 10:36:16

Thanks Guys.
Yes dh is totally on board with the move so I know that is huge plus.
His job is safe as he works away anyway (he's been gone 3 wks this time, which doesn't help)
I keep trying to fit all the pieces of this nightmare puzzle together and I sometimes feel like such a selfish cow,as it's me who is initiating this move back.
I know we need to just move and everything will just sort it'self out and I can't keep everyone happy. I know the kids will adapt and be much happier if I'm happy.
It all looks good on paper as they say but sometimes you just need a little perspective from outside.
flowers

rushingrachel Wed 12-Feb-14 11:21:30

ASAP. There will be hurdles whenever you do it. And it is just soooooooo exciting when you can start packing boxes and know you are actually going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now