Pediatrician in Brussels

(18 Posts)
Ballet Fri 09-Aug-13 12:12:23

I am looikng for good doctor for a visit wit my daughter.her doctor is out of station for the moment.please help.

OP’s posts: |
luvmy4kids Fri 09-Aug-13 12:51:43

Just go to a GP if your child is ill and nothing specialized you need a paediatrician for, it will cost you 20 euro more for the same advice.

Without saying where you are, a bit hard to recommend anyone.

Steamedcabbage Fri 09-Aug-13 14:31:55

Hello. Hope your daughter is OK.

I'm afraid I can't recommend a paediatrician any more (we use the family doctor since our child started primaire) but you could call the BCT information line to find a paediatrician near you.

Which commune do you live in? -I am sure others will be able to advise...

Ballet Fri 09-Aug-13 16:26:28

I live in etterbeek and my daughter is developing white markes on her face so I would liek to see good doctor ASAP.please help.
I am very well aware of Woluve st pierre,lambert,evere etc.
please tell distance is not problem for me.I just want to see good doctor.

OP’s posts: |
luvmy4kids Fri 09-Aug-13 19:17:23
British doctor couple, Dr Verheul is more of a child specialist.
Just behind the Berlaymont building.
€28 per consultation, so €10 once you receive your mutuelle refund.

Ballet Sat 10-Aug-13 03:43:14

thanks for information but I think I should see dermatologist for my you know some dermatologist??

OP’s posts: |
luvmy4kids Sat 10-Aug-13 08:26:14

Go to the GP! If he or she thinks you should see a specialist, then they'll send you there. Let the general doctor do the diagnosing or referring on, that is what they are there for.


Ballet Tue 13-Aug-13 12:08:52

I went to Dr Roger Verhual and I am not very satisfied with him.he is good only for common cold and fever.

OP’s posts: |
gastrognome Tue 13-Aug-13 15:30:42

Dr Claire Remion, rue General Gratry 12, Schaerbeek (on Etterbeek border). GP, but excellent with kids.

Ballet Wed 14-Aug-13 07:42:05

thanks Gastrognome,is she skin speacilist or just GP??

OP’s posts: |
luvmy4kids Wed 14-Aug-13 08:27:16

If you use google, you will find Dr Remion is a generalist.

If you wish to see a dermatologist
1) go to a generalist and ask for a referral
2) google "dermatologue bruxelles" or use yellow pages and pick one out

luvmy4kids Wed 14-Aug-13 08:31:10

Most people would go through a generalist - the logic being that a generalist has regular contacts with specialists treating a range of people, whereas choosing on the basis of one person's recommendation gives you the experience of one person to go on, with the generalist having the benefit of experience of many, or the google route might be just as effective as personal recommendation route.

Ballet Wed 14-Aug-13 13:19:45

thanks for information.

OP’s posts: |
gastrognome Wed 14-Aug-13 17:59:17

Yes Dr Remion is a GP. I can't recommend a dermatologist unfortunately (the only one I have seen here is nothing special).
Like luvmy4kids says, I tend to see the GP first and then ask for a referral if necessary.

Longtime Tue 20-Aug-13 23:26:21 My family's dermatologist if it is not too late.

Ballet Wed 21-Aug-13 14:34:09

Thanks Longtime, we already got appointment with Dermatologist in Uccle and we are vising her this evening.

OP’s posts: |
theodoctoranytime Tue 19-Jun-18 11:13:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

theodoctoranytime Tue 19-Jun-18 11:18:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in