Talk

Advanced search

***** BLOSS - help please if you're around ****

(1 Post)
sunnydelight Mon 05-Jun-06 19:05:46

Hi Bloss. Sorry for shouting but I haven't seen you around on any threads lately. It's all speeded up a bit here with regards our move - it looks like DH's company will sponsor him for his visa so we may not even have time to do our planned holiday before making a final decision. That's ok in some ways but the whole school thing is freaking me out. I really liked the look of St. Ives High which you mentioned previously as being ok and quite socially mixed which is what I would like. There seemed to be quite a few primary schools in the area so my questions are ... is there any one that you would recommend, and DD2's dob is 10/11/98 so what year would he be in? I plan to hold DS1 back a year if possible so that he can start in high school (dob 1/8/93) with everyone else, and I am now wondering if I should also hold back DS2. I have heard that kids coming from English schools often struggle, and DS2 is not reading yet - mainly beacuse I started him in a school which operates the European system of not teaching kids to read until they are 7. Would he be a complete freak in an Australian school? I totally understand that you are just giving your opinion, but as a teacher I would really appreciate your thoughts if you have the time. Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: