Advanced search

Getting home to uk with expired passport

(4 Posts)
Tantruminateacup Thu 23-May-13 15:00:26

Good morning, I am currently living in B.C & last night got the phone call from home we all dread, My lovely dad died. Problem is just checked passports and DS passport has expired. I think we could go to the Consulate and get an emergency travel document?. Does anyone have experience of how this works timescale ect? I have tried searching on line but not really taking any information in. Thanks in advance

marchmad Thu 23-May-13 15:55:24

sent you pm

EspressoMonkey Thu 23-May-13 18:34:53

Yes i did this from Switzerland. Got a travel document within an hour from the Consulate, went there in person. It was a one way only pass though, i needed to apply for my renewed passport whilst in UK which i did with a Premium service same day appointment. You must book that appointment ASAP. And pack the relevant documentation to get your passport renewed which includes the old passport.

So sorry to hear the sad news about your dear Dad.

Tantruminateacup Thu 23-May-13 21:30:28

Thank you so much for replying. We will travel to Vancouver tomorrow to get the ETD. Then book the first flight home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now