Talk

Advanced search

How many of us living in Aus are aussie??? ( or living abroad )

(8 Posts)
eidsvold Thu 18-May-06 03:35:46

just curious.

I was born in Aus but have dual nationality - british citizenship through my dad... my dd's also have dual nationality

dd1 born UK but has aussie citizenship by descent
dd2 born australia but has british citizenship from her dad.

hannahsaunt Thu 18-May-06 10:54:54

Not guilty

israel Thu 18-May-06 11:18:22

I am (and family) living here...with permanent residency...and going for citizenship in sept...so will have dual...british and oz....
...unless your of indegenous descent...at some point your family will have come from somewhere else to Oz.

suzywong Thu 18-May-06 11:19:22

hi Israel, yes I 'm going for the citizenship thing this year too

israel Thu 18-May-06 11:26:59

g-day suzy...how are you doing?

anniemac Thu 18-May-06 11:33:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

suzywong Thu 18-May-06 11:36:41

good thanks, splendid weather for the time of year isn't it?

i was up your way the other week, we went to Gin Gin.

How are you?

eidsvold Fri 19-May-06 10:12:08

i am 1st generation aussie on my dads side - he of english origin. On my mums side - male line - 2nd generation - grandfather born in wales, grandma born sydney, Great gradfather maternal line - born in France.

My dd1 - just registered her for aussie citizenship by descent when she was born (in the UK )and then applied for the passport at a later date. Dd2 is eligible for a UK passport as both her parents hold one. Used to only be you could have a passport if your father was British ( how I got mine) but they finally changed it to be wither mother or father.

That is strange that she lost it - could she not just apply for a passport using her aussie birth certificate - then technically an aussie.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: