Talk

Advanced search

Any fifo WAGS on here?

(8 Posts)
Mosman Thu 18-Apr-13 02:34:53

I've started dating again and of course being in Perth half the guys are fly in fly out workers which I can see a lot of advantages to taking things slowly.
However my last husband cheated and I'm so insecure.
How do you manage with them being away and guessing there are women at these mine sites ?

ChinngisKhan Thu 18-Apr-13 06:03:37

In my experience, FIFO workers do such long shifts that there wouldn't be time to cheat - my DP would be far too exhausted! Plus, mine sites don't really harbour an atmosphere conducive to romance!

I think in your case, taking it slowly is a good thing - your pain is still recent and it may take a lot of time to get past that insecurity, regardless of whether a partner works away or not.

MrRected Thu 18-Apr-13 06:32:20

I second Chinn. When away, it's likley a FIFO work will be working 12 hours shifts. By the time a shift is over, there's just enough time for a quick wash, dinner and maybe a quick beer in the wet mess. Most just head to their donga for a night of mindless tv.

It would be naive to think it never happens, but I don't think it's rife.

Mosman Thu 18-Apr-13 09:08:13

That is true he calls at about 8pm and can hardly hold the phone he's do tired lol

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Thu 18-Apr-13 13:47:49

There is also usually only about 1 woman per mine. I had a friend who managed the coal handling plant at a mine in the Northern Territories (FIFO) and she was one of three women on the site and the only one in operations (as opposed to support functions). Given how few of them there are, the women know better than to get involved with the guys on the site because they're not the most discreet.

Mosman Thu 18-Apr-13 14:08:44

Lol I guess. He sounds absolutely goosed when I talk to him so hopefully it'll all be good.

NettoSuperstar Thu 18-Apr-13 14:14:11

I lived in Kalgoorlie and worked in other mining towns.
Lots of relationships didn't last, not because of cheating necessarily, but just the being away thing.

Mosman Thu 18-Apr-13 14:17:25

Yeah I can see that too but honestly a three in one swing would be bloody perfect for me, lots of time with the kids alone and a honeymoon every month :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now