Talk

Advanced search

Shipping Costs From UK/To UK

(5 Posts)
pupsiecola Tue 16-Apr-13 13:23:24

Got a quote today from Asian Tigers. 10k sgd to ship our stuff back to the UK! Only cost us a third of that to ship our stuff out here. We didn't bring much stuff. No big furniture. And we're not taking much more back although we have two armchairs, a two seater sofa, a 50" TV, a low level TV cabinet and a dresser. I know Asian Tigers are expensive and I'm waiting for another quote. DH wonders if shipping from Singapore rather than to is more expensive as it's such a major shipping hub and more stuff leaves here rather than arrives (ships on the way here are mostly empty vs ships leaving are full).

Anyone?

stitchinline Tue 16-Apr-13 15:43:44

Sorry I can't help but wondering who you used for the move out? I'm in the process of getting organised out and need to start getting quotes as we are off at the end of june - eek!

We are not taking any big furniture but do have lots of stuff blush.

Clueless2727 Tue 16-Apr-13 16:00:37

I budgeted £5k for 20ft container from uk to singapore based on couple quick conversations, but that is contents of 3 bed house minus sofas. Stitchinline, we are going out same time, we're hoping we will be moving first week of july.

Barbie1 Tue 16-Apr-13 16:03:27

Try sterling relocation for a competitive quote, we have used them on all of our international moves.

lljkk Tue 16-Apr-13 16:36:28

Yes, your DH is right, AFAIK.

More consumer goods get shipped from Far East to UK, so you are shipping in the expensive direction, that much I understand. The container ships going back from UK to Far East mostly take things like recycling (honest).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now