Talk

Advanced search

What's it like in Joondalup, WA?

(4 Posts)
Uppatreecuppatea Tue 09-Apr-13 20:47:11

Possibly moving to Joondalup and have loads of questions about what it's like to live there.

DH owns a house there that he has been renting out for the last 8 years while he has lived overseas. We met outside of Australia and I have never been to WA.

I have a DS who would probably be in high school there.

I have a good friend who lives in central Perth who recommended against Joondalup based on the fact that it's a real 'suburb' with no trees, community spirit and that it was unfriendly. Rather off-putting.

Any opinions on Joondalup/ schools / community? Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks!

echt Tue 09-Apr-13 22:21:14

I'd try the pomsinoz forum, which has specific sub-forums on the states/territories.

Mosman Thu 11-Apr-13 13:29:54

We call it the bad lands. Full of Brits in their mac mansions. It's probably lovely though

It does feel a little landlocked, even though it's only about 15 mins from the beaches, as it's the other side of the freeway from the coast - areas seem to be hugely dependent on which side of which road they are, as the main north/south roads are arteries (Marmion Ave, Connolly Drive then the Mitchell Freeway, as you go away from the coast). We live just north in Kinross, which we like. How old is your DS? State schools vary quite a bit, especially secondary, so where you live can be crucial to education and to DC settling in, also re. facilities.

Perth/Oz is quite a change from the UK though (understatement of the year!) - can you come over for a visit before committing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now