Talk

Advanced search

Family Holiday in Singapore over Easter?

(4 Posts)
Mummysaysno Sat 12-Jan-13 02:50:24

We're looking to book a 3/4 day trip to Singapore over Easter... probably Sentosa, as we'll have the kids with us (8,6,4) and I'll be 30 weeks pregnant so need something easy! Can anyone recommend a hotel that won't break the bank? Thanks!

MuffinTumMum Sat 12-Jan-13 04:03:13

Hi

Shangri la may/ may not break the bank but the great thing here is that the kids eat free at the hotel restaurant each evening with two paying adults. It worked out great for us when we were there. We found eating out was expensive even by HK standards.

laptopwieldingharpy Sat 12-Jan-13 08:40:41

cathay pacific holidays offer good deals for the shangri-la with flights + 2 nights & extra nights at a discounted rate.
Its the only hotel right on the beach and has a great kids club.And yes one kid per adult eats for free.

I'd suggest eating at the Food republic in the harbourcity shopping mall. Proper singapore style open kitchen dining, all very fresh and cheap but sadly not all without MSG.
Do venture out of sentosa, there is lots to see for free.
The treetops walk and wave bridge in kent ridge park nearby is really a must.
There is also a water park nearby on the east coast (wildwildwet) that is good fun and way cheaper than the attractions in sentosa.
Do go to the botanic gardens for a walk late afternoon. Its really worth a visit.Then have dinner at a seafood hawker centre such as newton or the mankansutra by the bay and walk around the marina bay to see city lights. Heading back to sentosa from Marina bay is just 10mn.

Mummysaysno Sat 12-Jan-13 13:24:59

Thanks! Great help! Must hurry up and book now..hadn't thought of Cathay holidays so will check that out. DD desperate for us to stay at the shangri-la although we were at KK tanjung aru for new year and service was a shocker!
Anyway great tips, including where to visit...hopefully I won't want to move there after visiting...seriously concerned of the impact a bit of open space will have on me! May not want to leave!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: