Need internet shopping ideas for Christmas presents.

(13 Posts)
TheOnceLer Fri 24-Aug-12 07:11:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
NCForNow Fri 24-Aug-12 12:41:50

My MIL lives in Oz and she always buys us things from M&S and Argos...you can apparently do Next as well.

What about an M&S hamper? They're lovely!

Shanghaidiva Sat 25-Aug-12 01:34:03

I do all my Christmas shopping on line for relatives back in the UK:

Amazon for books amd dvds with free shipping
magazine subscriptions - might be suitable for your pils - and there are often promotions at Xmas - e.g free book with Homes and Antiques subscription.
M&S is also good and always have 3 for 2 offers

TheOnceLer Sat 25-Aug-12 01:59:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
butterfliesinmytummy Sat 25-Aug-12 02:55:46

I did two huge orders with letterbox, had them delivered to my dad and mil and wrapped them when we were back over the summer. Nieces and nephew all sorted, everyone else will be notonthehighstreet or red direct, or inverawe smoked salmon hampers for the oldies.....

Chubfuddler Sat 25-Aug-12 03:12:16

Amazon - SIL in oz buys all our gifts online and doesn't pay any more postage than if she had ordered in uk. I widk oz wasn't such a backwater and had better online shopping.

CornishMade Sun 26-Aug-12 13:30:53

Amazon is in people's bad books lately for their tax avoidance scheme (they don't pay a penny tax in the UK despite their huge profits) so if you can choose www.bookdepository.co.uk instead. They also do free shipping (worldwide, if you want to order uk-price books to Aus! I just got two from them and it was great.) They don't appear to do giftwrapping tho, so for gifts you'd have to get them sent to someone else in the family to wrap them up for you.

Advertisement

PetiteRaleuse Wed 29-Aug-12 20:51:37

I do everything on Amazon every year - except last year I also used Not on the high street. I get everything sent to my mum and she wraps the gifts <stingy>

Cornishmade Book Depository belong to Amazon now...

CornishMade Thu 30-Aug-12 06:45:46

Noooooooo! angry I just googled and you're right petite. How completely exasperating. sad

PetiteRaleuse Thu 30-Aug-12 08:44:09

Yep - sorry. Don't know how the OFT for monopolies allowed that one through but anyway...

cgdoha Thu 30-Aug-12 19:40:35

www.prettyuseful.co.uk has some lovely things.

eslteacher Fri 31-Aug-12 19:44:46

www.etsy.com is lovely for crafty, original gifts. I have my eye on these mugs, this scarf and this sleepy set as Christmas gifts for various people.

Binfullofmaggotsonthe45 Sun 02-Sep-12 15:16:28

Notonthehighstreet have quite nice unusual gifts.

I'm afraid I'm an Amazon slave too. I suppose Play.com are the same, as they are based out of Jersey too aren't they?

M&S hampers are lovely to receive, my SIL has bought me a couple.

I do all my shopping via UK websites tbh and transfer my money to my UK bank account and pay from there.

That way I can order things from Boots, Topshop etc for my neices and nephews.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in