Food Shopping - Singapore.

(14 Posts)
pupsiecola Thu 19-Jul-12 16:36:58

Someone mentioned a while back about a British supermarket I think. Can anyone remind me please? Also, has anyone tried online shopping here?

Thanks,
K (missing Ocado!)

OP’s posts: |
jazal Thu 19-Jul-12 19:55:34

Hi K,
It's called Marketplace at Tanglin Mall and Cold Storage does online delivery.
X

futureunknown Thu 19-Jul-12 21:33:38

Cold Storage at Jelita on the Holland Road is very British too. CS does do online delivery but the range is quite limited. Kenny Grocery will buy everything you want and deliver it for you.

Merlion Fri 20-Jul-12 05:22:44

You can also try www.redmart.com for online delivery.

We tend to use www.thebutcher.com.sg for meat but buy most other stuff in store.

papooshka Fri 20-Jul-12 15:42:18

they don't do online shopping, but Fairprice Finest at Upper Bukit Timah is a great shop, prices are much cheaper than Cold Storage and they have a big organic section.

Fruit and veg seems fresher and theres a great deli in there run by Culina (upmarket deli)

I am amazed every time I shop there at how much cheaper it is, for example the other day I got 5 avocados for $3.50 whilst over at Cold Storage it costs $2 for one avocado...

pupsiecola Fri 20-Jul-12 16:16:16

Thanks papooshka. I will def look into that! And all the other suggestions.

laptopwieldingharpy Fri 20-Jul-12 16:19:08

Second papooshka's post

Advertisement

laptopwieldingharpy Fri 20-Jul-12 16:21:03

Carrefour is good for french cheese/ yogurts/ dry goods but terrible for fresh food

LovelyDo Fri 20-Jul-12 16:22:59

Try QB foods (google it to find the website) for online shopping for store cupboard items - tinned tomatoes, olive oil, herbs, vinegars, fruit juices. They also do good cheese at a fraction of the supermarket price, and frozen meat. They will deliver for free for orders over $200.

jazal Sat 21-Jul-12 13:42:47

live like a local and try a wet market: fresh fish/seafood, fresh meat and fresh fruits and vegetables smile
http://www.singaporekopitiam.sg/places-and-heritage/places/historical-landmarks/item/409-singapore-wet-markets-how-it-all-began

to locate one:
http://www.singaporekopitiam.sg/places-and-heritage/places/historical-landmarks/item/413-singapore-wet-markets-map-locations

jazal Sat 21-Jul-12 13:44:14

sorry, trying those links again
About wet markets

For location

jazal Sat 21-Jul-12 13:48:43

ok, it is not correct this time, i'm giving up! grin
For locations

laptopwieldingharpy Sat 21-Jul-12 18:12:11

Pupsie, gim Moh is I think the cllosest market for you. And one of the better ones too!
Definitely worth a visit fir fresh fruit and veg.

pupsiecola Sun 22-Jul-12 14:53:24

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in