Advanced search

Landlord insurance for property let in the UK

(31 Posts)
Superspudable Fri 20-Jan-12 08:07:19

If you have a property let in the UK, who is it insured with?

We have an unfurnished property in the UK which is rented out and it is currently insured with Simple Landlord Insurance. We've just had our renewal quote and it has a new clause which says they cannot insure our property if we are not resident in the UK for more than 183 days - which of course we're not... It's not small print, it's big and bold on the covering letter!!

Any recommendations??

Wibblypiglikesbananas Tue 04-Feb-14 20:52:14

Another vote for Alan Boswell. We have unpaid rent insurance with them too.

completelyconfused Tue 04-Mar-14 06:36:45

We just tried to renew our policy with Simply Business and they've said because we don't have a managing agent that they now can't insure us. Anyone else had this problem? We live abroad and rent out a London house, and my father-in-law lives locally and looks after it - not sure why we would need an agent? Was a case of 'computer says no' I think. Any tips appreciated.

afclll Tue 27-May-14 22:29:21

Use Alliance Financial Consultants in Birmingham 01216666686. They Fab. Deals with my landlord insurance. Agents do help as they check them properly, you can then manage yourself afterwards.

kashifmansoor Sat 26-Mar-16 11:15:53

Be careful of may of the insurance products and brokers are just scams. I have such experience with Endsleigh insurance services which seems to be complete ripoff as far as the landlord insurance is concerned.

flymo79 Wed 06-Apr-16 21:43:20

Marking place... Keen to hear about others' experiences with unfurnished lets

BananaInPyjama Thu 14-Apr-16 01:40:34

I use Peacocks who are underwritten by Sun Alliance I think.
Cheapest I've seen and always great on the reminders!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now