British School of Houston / Awty / any others?

(5 Posts)
butterfliesinmytummy Thu 15-Dec-11 04:31:34

Thanks all, our posting is, erm, postponed indefinitely at the moment. DH was in Houston last week and froze (we liven Asia and it rarely dips below 30C). We had been concentrating on the British School and did a partial application before finding out this week that we didn't need to....

Thanks for the advice wentshopping and good luck with your move MrsOlf

OP’s posts: |
wentshopping Wed 14-Dec-11 23:26:48

Hello, I moved to Houston with 3 small kids, but they are much bigger now!!!
Depending on where you are now (UK?) think about getting their US-school required vaccines up to date in a familiar place rather than having to do it the minute you arrive. I can remember my oldest needing Hep A before she could go to school, but you are ok if you have started the series. If you are coming in January, have some outdoor toys in your air shipment as the weather is lovely (until May). My kids go to local schools, but I am sure that the International and Village will have a thriving mums group to help you get settled in. Feel free to pm if you have any questions. Oh and it's 23oC today grin

MrsOlf Sat 19-Nov-11 07:45:39

I'd also be interested in any advice for moving to Houston with 2 small children.

MrsOlf Sat 19-Nov-11 07:44:28

Hello
We're moving to Houston in January with DD1 (5) and DD2(3). We're going to look at schools when we get out there to start after Easter probably. DH's work colleagues who are Brits have their children in either the British School or the Village School so that's what we'll look at first. The British School has spaces for both DDs but not sure about Village School yet. Do pm me if you want to chat.

butterfliesinmytummy Sun 06-Nov-11 01:21:18

We might be moving to Houston next summer and are looking at the Brit school and Awty as possibles for our 2 DDs (aged 7 and 3 at the moment). Has anyone got any experience / recommendations / suggestions? Or any other tips on moving to / living in Houston?

Thanks!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in