aghhh I was just on my bike and a van driver slowed down alongside me to tell me...

(6 Posts)
thanksamillion Fri 04-Nov-11 09:47:12

that my DC3 (who is nearly 2) hadn't got a hat on! I know. She refuses to wear it. The weather is lovely and she was well wrapped up apart from the hat. Arrghhh. <rant over>

OP’s posts: |
WhereTheWildThingsWere Fri 04-Nov-11 09:50:19

Did they not mean a cycling helmet?confused

thanksamillion Fri 04-Nov-11 09:52:41

No - have tried to buy one here but they don't have them! Am waiting for one to be sent out from the UK...

it's the obsession with small children wearing hats or they'll get ill hmm

Shangers Fri 04-Nov-11 09:58:27

where are you? They do that the whole time here in China too - you wouldn't believe the comments I got when I dared take my DS out when he was a baby and it was 40 degrees and he only had - shock horror - one layer on!

thanksamillion Fri 04-Nov-11 10:03:10

Moldova. I'm constantly berated for underdressing the DCs. Even in the summer (30 degrees plus) babies wear tights and snowsuits shock.

lambandmintsauce Fri 04-Nov-11 18:51:37

Ah this made me smile. My DD was born in Romania last year and practically everytime I took her out someone commented that she wasn't wearing a hat or was underdressed. At first I got really upset and worried (first child and didn't really know what I was doing!) and then once I realised that even though is was a sunny May, the Romanian babies had snowsuits on, I started to relax - still got the comments though...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in