Talk

Advanced search

Our neighbours sent us A "BOO!" Free chocs etc and we are meant to spread the joy....

(10 Posts)
Putrifyno Sun 23-Oct-11 21:02:29

Basically, we woke to find a Halloween basket of goodies on the door step with a note and a ghost picture. Lovely - though I was initially a bit suspicious....

So the idea is, you stick the ghost on the front door, to let everyone know you already have a Boo, then leave Halloween goodies on the doorstep of 2 more neighbours. Which we did....I think the initial effort came from the Americans across the road. I am wondering how this will go down with our BELGIAN neighbours.....

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 23-Oct-11 21:31:16

That's class! Where do you live?

TheMummyAbroad Tue 25-Oct-11 22:37:29

Great idea, did it come with instructions or is this something that everyone already knows about where you are?

howdoo Wed 26-Oct-11 00:31:49

We had this tonight as well! It seems to be called "ghosting" here. It comes with a poem/instructions and you photocopy the poem and the ghost and pass it on the next night. I think it's really nice, but then I am getting way into Halloween over here!

TheMummyAbroad Wed 26-Oct-11 00:51:20

Whats the poem/instructions? Share please!

howdoo Wed 26-Oct-11 01:37:45

It's blummin long but here goes:

Good Evening

The Phantom Ghost has come around
To leave you some goodies that I see you've found
If you do not wish a curse to fall
Continue this greeting with a ghostly call...

First, post this ghost where it can be seen...
On a door or window til Halloween
Then no other ghost will visit again
Be sure to participate ... if you don't it's a sin

Make 2 treats, 2 ghosts, 2 notes ... that's the gist
Take them to two neighbors who might have been missed
Don't let them see you, be sneaky no doubt
Check back to be sure that they have put their 'ghost' out

Next, you have only one day to act, so be fast
Leave treats at homes where no ghosts have passed
Deliver after dark when there's barely a light
Ring the doorbell and run, then stay out of sight

And last bu tot least, come join the season
Don't worry, be happy, you need no good reason!
Be scary, have fun and try not to be seen
And share in the spirit of this Halloween!

hauntedstateofmind Wed 26-Oct-11 02:10:49

Wow this sounds fun. I don't think it could happen here in Singapore as all the houses have big electric gates so you can't get near any doorsteps. It is a lovely idea though.

TheMummyAbroad Wed 26-Oct-11 02:58:30

Thanks howdo didnt mean to make you type out war and peace! It is a bit on the longside isnt it? I wonder how well that will translate into spanish hmm

spamm Wed 26-Oct-11 05:29:34

We had this here in the USA for the first time last week. I was away, but Dh and ds had fun putting the baskets together. I had never heard of this before, but it seems common.

Putrifyno Wed 26-Oct-11 08:30:59

Howdoo, that's the baby! I think as I used UK brand goodies from the British Shop the neighbours knew instantly who left them - in fact I was accosted by a highly excited neighbour yesterday morning as I was loading dd in the car. Lots of hugs and kisses grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now