Talk

Advanced search

Singapore - our helper needs to see a GP

(8 Posts)
TheExpatWife Tue 11-Oct-11 13:58:04

Is there a process that's is normally followed? Our insurance seems only to cover inpatient hospital treatment, so I was going to book our helper an appt with the GP and presumably give my credit card details for the consultation fee and any medicine?

What happens if the doctor suggests further tests - I suppose we just pay for those, as well? Grateful for any guidance.

laptopwieldingharpy Tue 11-Oct-11 14:02:00

Is she pregnant?

TheExpatWife Tue 11-Oct-11 14:13:39

No! Just a check-up... antibiotics I suspect.

laptopwieldingharpy Tue 11-Oct-11 14:40:46

Ok, relief!
Yes ypy should pay if not covered. There are quite a few very good local clinics she could go to. Where are you? Did you send her to your expat gp? I had a local gp in river valley. $25 consult for me, kids or maid alike.

TheExpatWife Tue 11-Oct-11 14:48:44

We were going to go to the International Medical Centre in the Camden building (Tanglin mall?), as we use it, but yours sounds good - do you have the name please? I want a good, reliable doctor but fairly new to Spore so difficult without a recommendation.

empirestateofmind Tue 11-Oct-11 15:00:21

I don't know if you are anywhere near HV but I have friends who always use Silver Cross Medical Centre in Holland Village (it's along the main road, on the 2nd level opposite the Esso garage).

Details: Silver Cross Medical Centre, 273A Holland Ave Tel : 6462 2818

It is cheap and cheerful apparently. I don't think you make appointments, just walk in (but do phone to check).

Personally I like the IMC but it does cost a fortune.

TheExpatWife Tue 11-Oct-11 16:26:36

We are near HV, thanks. I will call them in the morning.

I want a good doctor but you are right that IMC are quite expensive and pretty happy to prescribe lots of tests!

laptopwieldingharpy Wed 12-Oct-11 00:49:53

Its the dr at the valley point/ fraser suites. I can only remember that his first name is Christopher. A good listener. Very sweet and funny with little children.
I started going with kids as they open quite late in the evening and saturday so very helpful for little emergency/walk in appointments.

Would definitely recomend this or silver cross. Tests will likely be done at a cheaper local lab/ hospital.

We did go to imc in camden too since we have a good expat insurance. Might as well use it to the max right? Honestly this whole medical business is one big scam!

Take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now