Talk

Advanced search

Anyone from the US, specifically Denverites..

(5 Posts)
Cantspellmynameright Sat 08-Oct-11 19:53:34

We are moving from the UK to Denver at the end of January 2012. It will be myself, DH, DD (5) and DS (2.5).

We are moving for DH's work and they are making a lot of the arrangements, flights, initial transport, accommodation etc. so I don't have to worry too much about those things (though I am stressing on them as they like to leave things to the last minute!)

I already know a couple in the Denver who have a DC (3) are who are helping me out with info re schools, shopping, local area activities, but I also wanted other peoples perspectives on moving to the US and moving to Denver if possible.

I have so many questions and most of them are unanswerable at the moment! (will I like it??!)

Please let me know your opinions, experiences etc.

Thank you in advance!

jkklpu Sun 09-Oct-11 09:52:42

How about this?

Cantspellmynameright Sun 09-Oct-11 16:25:32

Thanks jkklpu, can't get on the link at the moment but will try again later (damn slow net connection!)

flatbread Thu 13-Oct-11 15:56:31

Hello,

Congratulations on your move! I liked in Denver for 5 years and loved it. Great weather, never felt too cold in winter (unlike Chicago!) and beautiful mountains just a short drive away. Boulder is close by and well worth a visit.

flatbread Thu 13-Oct-11 23:05:24

lived, not liked blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now