Talk

Advanced search

Grand Final day in Oz - so what are you doing?

(11 Posts)
echt Sat 01-Oct-11 04:58:56

Well, it's been brisk here.

Received 3 cubic metres of mulch and looking for where to put it, in the pouring rain.

DH has insisted on making a livener - a Bloody Mary - or electric soup as we call it. He's just told someone on the TV to fuck off.

I may get me coat, go upstairs, and watch the sublime Bob Peck on our boxed set of "Edge of Darkness".

And while I'm at it, why are all the footy club songs sung in English accents?

cjdamoo Sat 01-Oct-11 05:22:27

Ignoring it as much as possible. It is not possible to give less of a fuck than I do grin

Instead I am shutting the doors closing the blinds and shall shortly be making draft excluders

echt Sat 01-Oct-11 05:37:45

Oooh, I like the domestic touch. Do you find the draught excluders from Bunnings entirely inadequate?

In a fit of solidarity I went to watch it with DH at the local RSL a couple of years ago, and it was engaging, but because of the good-humoured crowd, not any interest in the game itself.

Eralc Sat 01-Oct-11 06:43:01

We're tidying the house all weekend in preparation for the in-laws visit in a few weeks time. We've had all the fly screens off and have cleaned the windows, and swept away the cobwebs outside, cleaned all the patio furniture and garden toys. The next two days will be spent trying to make inside the house presentable! (Oh, and we went to softplay for 2 hours this morning to wear DS1 out so that he would let us do tidying!)

saffronwblue Sat 01-Oct-11 06:47:16

I'm at Melbourne airport- one corner of the lounge is transfixed -the rest of us are enjoying the quiet. DH completely glued to the screen at home- I did point out to him quite loudly that I was going interstate and he was in charge of kids dog etc.

esselle Sat 01-Oct-11 06:50:54

Ignoring it! It is so dull and boring! Have just finished up watching True Blood series 3 on DVD. Might sneak off for a nap now... I wish!!

echt Sat 01-Oct-11 07:13:25

Splendid work, ladies.

sunnydelight Sat 01-Oct-11 07:35:06

Not our code thank goodness. I'm recording the PROPER rugby for later grin I've had very divided loyalties recently watching Ireland beat Australia!

lulalullabye Sat 01-Oct-11 22:52:54

I worked all day but was highly entertained by the man with headphones in the waiting room who seemed to have magnificent turrets!!!!

Thumbwitch Sun 02-Oct-11 03:44:44

We are hiding inside away from the monsoon-like rain and watching Rio and other DVDs. DH may make muffins this afternoon. The "football" is not on my radar (although DH may give in and watch it later in his room).

If it ever stops raining, we may venture out for a bit - the shops are likely to be quite quiet! wink

Eralc Sun 02-Oct-11 08:53:12

Went into Lane Cove this afternoon, and it was quieter than I've ever seen it! (and that was well before the match started).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now