Talk

Advanced search

Maternity leave in france and how long do have to have worked for the company to benefit

(10 Posts)
katenac Fri 30-Sep-11 08:21:36

I started working for my company in paris in jan am due end of jan will they pay me ??

fraktious Fri 30-Sep-11 10:16:22

Jan 2011 due end Jan 2012?

AFAIK you get the 16 weeks full pay. I started my job September and went on ML in the April.

katenac Fri 30-Sep-11 11:48:15

Did you get paid by your company cause mine says they only pay me from the 3rd of jan they said the Assurance maladlie should pay me from the 10th dec when my leave starts

fraktious Fri 30-Sep-11 12:43:06

I work for the state but my pay just came in as normal. Have you submitted the pink/blue forms?

fraktious Fri 30-Sep-11 12:52:13

You know you don't have to go off on 10th Dec, right? 6 weeks is the automatic assumption bit you can work later with a doctor's note.

katenac Fri 30-Sep-11 13:02:54

yes i have submitted the blue :pink forms ;am hoping to be able to work after the 10th but i have a few problems with my pregnancy si i might need to stop on the 10th

fraktious Fri 30-Sep-11 13:13:56

Sorry to hear that sad

If you submitted the forms the CPAM should cover you no problem. Can you call them up and ask?

eslteacher Sat 01-Oct-11 11:50:55

Sorry to hijack the thread but seemed like a good opportunity to ask a question I've been wondering about for a while. If you take maternity leave in France, are you obliged to go back to work after the sixteen weeks? Is it possible to take paid maternity leave and then choose not to return to work?

jamaisjedors Sat 01-Oct-11 13:55:10

You can take a congé parental and get some kind of benefits for about 6 months I think and then you are entitled to up to the child's third birthday off work afaik before they can refuse to take you back.

For the OP then you should be fine, as Frak says.

fraktious Sat 01-Oct-11 14:58:48

You can only take congé parentale if you've been there a certain amount of time (a year?).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now