Talk

Advanced search

Would you choose to live in Amsterdam or the Hague

(5 Posts)
onthemoveyetagain Wed 28-Sep-11 12:07:04

Hi there,

Just wondering if any of you have any thoughts on the best place to live with a family - Amsterdam or the Hague? We are actually living in Amsterdam at the moment but are seriously thinking about moving over to the Hague. Does anyone have any thoughts on which is a nicer place to live with a family? Any advice would be so appreciated.

dikkertjedap Wed 28-Sep-11 19:06:35

I think that Delft would be nicer than the Hague. However, I would prefer the Hague above Amsterdam. There is also a very highly regarded international school in Hilversum.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 29-Sep-11 08:13:56

I'd go for the Hague but that's purely selfish. I could see my lovely friend who teaches at the American school of the Hague more frequently.

Pinkiemum Thu 29-Sep-11 08:18:27

Why only Amsterdam or the Hague, how about Utrech or Hilversum both lovely places, Hilversum has so much going on in the summer and Utrech is a very pretty city. Both also good for train links.

onthemoveyetagain Thu 29-Sep-11 20:54:31

Thanks for your replies. We are currently living in Amsterdam but have had a look around the British School in the Hague which is far superior to the one in Amsterdam - in my opinion only! Tempted to try the Hague.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now