Talk

Advanced search

France - how much do you pay your...

(12 Posts)
flyingcloud Tue 27-Sep-11 13:36:47

Cleaning person (if you have one)

Babysitter

Nanny (in your home, if you have one)

Or guide prices/ranges rather than how much you actually pay!

Sorry to be indiscreet but do need some advice. Also - how do you pay them - pajemploi, cheque emploi service, cash, etc, etc?

Weta Tue 27-Sep-11 13:40:39

We left 2 years ago but I think the cleaner was about 13 euros an hour (through an agency but then the government reimbursed half of it with the tax rebate, which I think is still in operation - it definitely made it cheaper to do it properly declared etc than to have someone under the table).

Babysitter we paid 5 euros an hour or so (teenager next door), just in cash.

We were in Montpellier.

fraktious Tue 27-Sep-11 13:41:44

Nanny 8.50€/hour using the equivalent of CESU. Babysitter (teen in the building) 6€/hour in cash. I am outre-mer though.

As a nanny in Paris most people I knew were on 2000-2200€ net/month for a 50ish hour week as a live out.

dilbertina Tue 27-Sep-11 20:07:58

I pay my usual babysitter 12euro/hour. Which I think is steep, but with 3 dc, one quite young still, I would rather pay more and get someone I trust. She has 2 dc of her own, speaks English and French perfectly, drives a few miles to get to me, and most important I really like and trust her. Plus I don't go out that often so it's not a really regular expense! Cash by the way...

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 27-Sep-11 20:11:08

10 euros an hour here for babysitting (Paris).

winnybella Tue 27-Sep-11 20:11:08

Babysitter- 8 an hour. I'm in Paris. Cash.

BriocheDoree Tue 27-Sep-11 21:35:16

Teenager who babysits in the evening 5 euros an hour.
Older babysitter who does occasional daytime babysitting, 8.50 an hour, cash.
Cleaner we pay 11 euros plus charges so works out about 13 euros an hour but she's declared so offset against tax.

flyingcloud Wed 28-Sep-11 14:26:09

Thank you all. A few variations but roughly what I was thinking. Most friends say they pay their nannies the min (SMIC?) but that doesn't seem like a whole lot to me!

fraktious Wed 28-Sep-11 15:26:25

It rather depends on the quality of the nanny.

That said I (EMT, trained, 5 years exp) would work for the SMIC if I could bring DS along! If I couldn't I'd want 2200+ FT but that's entirely academic wink

jamaisjedors Sat 01-Oct-11 13:58:31

Don't know for live-in nanny, cleaning lady 8.90€ an hour with chèque emploi service, local 20 yr old babysitter charges 5€ an hour and 8€ after midnight. Our "nounou" also takes in our ironing and we decided to pay her 10€ an hour because she does it in her home using her own equipment and elecricity (actually she's the one who does our cleaning too).

PetiteRaleuse Tue 04-Oct-11 16:19:30

Babysitter between 8 and 10 euros an hour (the village teens are good negotiators though smile ).

I used to pay my cleaning lady 12 euros an hour when I could affodr her a couple of years ago. Same rate as when she did the ironing.

Bonsoir Wed 05-Oct-11 07:53:55

As others say, babysitters I pay EUR 10 per hour, cash. I use agency cleaners and they usually cost EUR 20 per hour, of which 50% is deductible from our tax bill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now