Talk

Advanced search

Singapore Mn'ers advice re weather end of Sept

(6 Posts)
Sandgroper Sat 03-Sep-11 21:42:27

Hi

I am going to surprise my sister for her 40th and meet up with her in Singapore last week of Sept.

Can you tell me what the weather is really like? Trying to take as little as possible as will only be there for 6 days and I have a tendency to pack too much and not end up wearing a lot of what I take!

Thanks

TheExpatWife Sun 04-Sep-11 05:48:42

The weather is pretty consistent all year - hot (32-35 degrees) and humid. It doesn't cool down much at night so you don't need a cardigan for the evenings.

You need light cotton or linen trousers/skirts (be careful about linings, anything that isn't cotton-lined gets pretty sticky quite quickly!) and for evening, silk dresses are quite cool. Definitely no tights unless you are planning to be inside, but the evenings are the best time to be outdoors, and all the bars have an outdoor area. It is hot during the day but manageable as everywhere has aircon all the time.

Flip flops or open-toed shoes. And an umbrella, as there will be the odd downpour.

laptopwieldingharpy Sun 04-Sep-11 05:49:53

Well its always between 28 and 33. And humid all year. End september is overcast and rainyish
What a lovely surprise!

empirestateofmind Sun 04-Sep-11 06:20:32

Hot and humid with odd showers is the weather all year here.

I would suggest shorts, t-shirts and flip flops for day plus cotton trousers/light tops/cotton or linen sleeveless dresses with open toe sandals for evening.

Add umbrella, swimsuit or bikini, bug spray and sunscreen and you'll be fine.

Sandgroper Sun 04-Sep-11 08:38:53

Hi TheExpatWife, Laptopwieldingharpy, Empirestateofmind

Great names BTW. Thanks to you all for your help that is brilliant.

Just came back from a couple of weeks in Portugal and didn't wear half the stuff I took, so wanted to ensure I am not lugging a bag with stuff I don't need. Means that I can do some shopping whilst I am there!

Yes I hope she will be surprised, haven't seen her for nearly four years. Have also planned some treatments for her as a birthday surprise in the hotel spa!

First holiday without the DS's! Yah!

empirestateofmind Mon 05-Sep-11 16:03:32

Sounds lovely- safe travels and I hope all goes well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now