Talk

Advanced search

BOZAR sundays - BRUSSELS

(13 Posts)
natation Sat 03-Sep-11 17:53:36

For MUMS NETTERS in Belgium

Anyone interested in Brussels BOZARSUNDAYS? Have a look at the link. I have a husband who works nearly every sunday and so I usually spend weekends as a single parent and I'm fed up being on my own with the children. Anyone fancy joining us for some culture????

www.bozar.be/activity.php?id=11490&selectiondate=2011-9-11

Oh and the Nocturnes are about to start again, where you can see Brussels museums on thursday nights, special family events. Anyone interested?

www.brusselsmuseums.be/fr/home/index.php

scaryteacher Sat 03-Sep-11 20:33:57

I might be interested in the Nocturnes once I see what night ds's extra curriculars are on (DofE) might move. Can I let you know next week when school is on again and we have timetables?

Longtime Sat 03-Sep-11 21:23:03

Hi natation, I like culture but Sunday morning is homework time in our house as activities or me tutoring take up the rest of the weekend.

The nocturnes aren't possible either because dd has a swimming lesson that evening.

It looks like I'm one of those parents that sends her dc to too many activities! She's trying out ice skating and tap dancing (Sunday afternoon and Saturday afternoon respectively) to see which one she prefers. Swimming and singing/piano have been the constant activites for years.

Hope you find some takers and have fun!

RuthChan Sat 03-Sep-11 21:36:54

Thanks for the idea Natation.
I might have to give that some thought...

Portofino Sun 04-Sep-11 09:04:07

I would be interested. Dd is going to dancing or karate this year - but it will be Saturday mornings so I can do the shopping at the same time. During the football season, DH tends to be glued to the PC at the weekends so it would be nice to get out and about..

natation Sun 04-Sep-11 09:49:38

BOZAR SUNDAYS are from 10 to 12.15 almost every Sunday, breakfast followed by children doing an activity and adults another. Never done them, but have always wanted to.

I've not ever made it to the NOCTURNES either :-( so I really want to go to a few this year. The timetable is still not out, but it's a few museums a week which open late and usually free. I fancy the Sciences Naturelles or Instruments de Musique, I think you may have to book these ones due to popularity.

Longtime, is dd going to do the private lessons for ice skating? You might see us there sometimes as Sundays are often the day we skate as a family or school group.

natation Sun 04-Sep-11 11:07:38

Ooh yes the nocturnes timetable really is out, I'm in for it every thursday now my wee swimming champion is moving to wed/fri swims and so far have nothing on a thursday. First thursday is 22nd september at the musee du Tram in WSP or Afrique Centrale in Tervuren, we'll be going to the musee du tram if anyone wants to join us.
www.brusselsmuseumsnocturnes.be/index.php?page=5&id=5&pfrom=2

Longtime Sun 04-Sep-11 11:59:12

Natation, she is! With your skates as she's the same size as me! She's going at 3pm. I'm going to go on the ice with her I think. I'm rubbish though smile.

I'd like to do the tram museum one as I've never been so I might see if I can change her swimming that week. The timetables aren't really sorted out yet anyway so I expect it'll be possible. I'll have a student until 17h30 though so it wouldn't be until after that. What time were you thinking of going?

natation Sun 04-Sep-11 12:31:41

I am working on thursdays till 17.30 so cannot be at tram museum until at least 18.30.

Portofino Sun 04-Sep-11 12:35:49

I've never been to the Tram Museum either so would be up for that. If I am coming from Evere with the car, would it be easier to park at Roodebeek and catch the bus?

natation Sun 04-Sep-11 17:14:21

If you can find a parking spot at Roodebeek, might be a good idea, directly around the musee there is only street parking, no dedicated car park, you might end up half way back up Boulevard de la Woluwe trying to find a place.

There's also the Journée du Patrimoine, on17/18 september with journee sans voiture on 18th with Iris Sport at the Cinquantenaire, if anyone wants to cycle there....
www.irisport.be/

Longtime Sun 04-Sep-11 19:55:12

We love car free Sunday and will for once not be dropping off one or other child in England and miss it smile

Portofino Sun 04-Sep-11 19:57:11

We have visitors that weekend but I don't know yet about their arrival/departure times....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now