Talk

Advanced search

Belgian MNetters - Lunch in Brussels - when the kids are back at school?

(10 Posts)
Portofino Fri 12-Aug-11 09:01:25

As there are only a few weeks left of the holidays (haven't they gone quick?) I wondered if we could put something in the diary for September?

I know I have had a few PMs from recent movers, so will liaise with Longtime on bringing the email list up to date. If you want to be added, please let me know.

And shall we try again for an Xmas meetup this year?

Hope you are all having lovely holidays - despite the crap weather.

BestImitationOfMyself Fri 12-Aug-11 10:58:11

That sounds great! Have sent you my contact details.

kittensliveupstairs Sat 13-Aug-11 07:21:20

sad, I can't, I don't live there anymore. I had such a lovely time when we went over to Monkeybums house. I am well jealous.
Have a lovely lovely lovely time.

Portofino Sat 13-Aug-11 21:00:29

I'm sorry I missed you! Let us know if you come back to visit.

kittensliveupstairs Mon 15-Aug-11 06:36:22

Probably won't be until January. DH is desperate to get his passport sorted out (stolen from Antwerp station) so he can get over before the half term in October.

Portofino Mon 15-Aug-11 19:01:48

Ooh - pricey via the consulate! I was most happy that DH's employer paid for his to be renewed. Dd's 5 year update still cost a fortune though....

kittensliveupstairs Tue 16-Aug-11 07:05:18

Ours are always done in the consulate or the embassy. It does add another 40% to the already extortionate cost of a passport and his will take at least six weeks because it was pinched. sad angry.

Longtime Tue 16-Aug-11 18:42:16

Porto, I will speak to you once I'm back in Belgium.

Portofino Tue 16-Aug-11 19:00:52

Why should it take SO much longer? That must be very annoying! Longtime, yes it will be lovely to catch up. I must sit down and list the new email addresses I have.....

monkeybumsmum Sun 21-Aug-11 12:58:23

Hello! Hope you're all well and having a lovely summer smile

I would love to do lunch, but can only really make Friday... End of Sept/beg Oct would be best for me, as the first half of Sept I'm working full time, and come Fridays shall be fit for nothing grin

Hope we can manage to sort something out! Failing that, everyone's welcome here for a Wednesday lunch - could do a pot luck sort of thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now