Talk

Advanced search

Anyone's DC want a snail-mail pal in Canada?

(7 Posts)
lazydog Tue 02-Aug-11 04:06:40

My 11yr old DS would like a penpal from somewhere more exotic than the UK! He's a young 11 year old; interested in crafts, Pokemon, reading the likes of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson, not at all into sports (other than hiking, bike riding and swimming.) He's happy to write to a boy or girl, but I'd say he has more in common with most girls!

Barmcake Tue 02-Aug-11 10:34:25

Hi lazydog, have just asked my 10 year old ds and he said he would love to have a Canadian penpal. We live in Muscat, Oman having lived in Dubai for 8 years before. He is very much into Pokemon, Harry Potter and Alex Rider, haven't tried Percy Jackson yet. But he is also very sporty, golf, tennis, basketball, and swimming, hope that wouldn't be a problem. He also loves to cook/bake

We are also applying for our visa for Canada, want to move in a couple of years time, so it would be good for DS to hear about life in Canada.

Just let me know smile

ExpatAgain Tue 02-Aug-11 11:28:09

if he's after more than 1 penpal, my ds may also be of interest. He's currently in Africa and is around the same age, same favourite writers (plus diary of a wimpy kid series), not v sporty but likes swimming, riding his bike, animals and lego.

lazydog Tue 02-Aug-11 17:46:15

Will PM you both - he would love to have 2 penpals, thanks!

lazydog Tue 02-Aug-11 22:10:45

Have sent you both PMs with my email as I can't submit a msg long enough to give my postal address. Has been the case (both for PMs and forum posts) ever since the changes made to MN a few days ago... angry Let me know if you don't receive them!

Barmcake Wed 03-Aug-11 13:20:41

Hi Lazydog, have sent you e-mail, thanks smile

lazydog Wed 03-Aug-11 18:16:58

Got the email Barmcake, thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now