Talk

Advanced search

how to sell a UK registered car in France?

(8 Posts)
kippersandjam Fri 29-Jul-11 21:14:52

we are in France and my dh has accepted a job in Dubai.. which means we will be going straight there and we need to sell the car. we were packed up in the Uk and the house is rented, so we have all our stuff here as we thought we would end up working outside the UK... but we drove here on the off chance we would have to go back and the cost of renting a car is so high. But now we need to sell it and i don't know where to start! any help gratefully received!

piratecat Fri 29-Jul-11 21:17:42

i only know that my uncle has sold a few of his cars on to brits who are coming/moving back to the uk from europe. lots do.

advertise on a local expat site or paper?

Ivortheengine8 Fri 29-Jul-11 21:19:36

Might find it a job to sell tbh. The French generally don't like anything that is not 'French' so you might get more luck selling it to an English place.
I don't really know how or where though. You could maybe advertise it on Angloinfo or an expat site like this france.angloinfo.com/

dilbertina Fri 29-Jul-11 21:29:18

Ouch! that doesn't sound like fun! As a last resort might it be worth taking it back to UK and falling at feet of a second hand car supermarket or something? I know secondhand car values are higher in France but, having re-registered a UK car here, frankly it's an arse and you might be far more able to offload it in UK. Good luck!

OhHelpOhNo Fri 29-Jul-11 21:34:38

Where in France are you based? In ile de France another option is joining message and using their for sale board. I've seen a couple if UK cars sold there to, for example, expats going home.

kippersandjam Fri 29-Jul-11 21:35:13

provence...will check message boards thanks...

OhHelpOhNo Fri 29-Jul-11 21:35:45

Www.messageparis.org

OhHelpOhNo Fri 29-Jul-11 21:37:20

Oh ok, sorry might not be so useful then, good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now