Talk

Advanced search

Children's Shoes in Belgium

(5 Posts)
Rosita Mon 25-Jul-11 12:12:24

Where, oh where does one buy good children's shoes in Belgium?? We have recently moved here (near Mons) and everyone I've met tells me that shoes are not properly fitted like in the UK and that they are extremely expensive. People seem to buy shoes back in the UK when they go to visit but I need to get some soon!! My eldest son has extremely narrow feet so I really need someone who can fit shoes properly for him as I've had loads of trouble in the past getting ones that fit properly. I'm willing to travel to France if that's any better - any ideas gratefully received!!

I live in Spain and if I can't get back to the UK I measure her feet with this from Startrite and order them online.

Brilliant service and definitely recommend it.

natation Mon 25-Jul-11 13:41:05

I use a measurer at home, I also make use of our local children's shoe shop, rarely buy from there, just use their measuring facilities, it's Maniet but your nearest branch is Charleroi or Tournai. You can get Clarks shoes in Brantano, not real measuring service but if you know the size, you can buy there. I do buy either in the UK or online with a Clarks shoe supplier for our younger children, for the older ones, they are mainly in trainers from Di-Sport Belgium now, they are average width Fs so it's much easier for them, for the younger ones if I have to buy in Belgium, it's usually a trip to Brantano or Maniet sales.
www.brantano.be/fr/chercher-un-magasin-sur-la-carte/hainaut.aspx

homeaway Wed 27-Jul-11 13:48:32

They dont tend to measure childrens feet in the same way as we do, they just measure the length and not the width and I dont think that they have different width fittings as such but a good shoe shop will know which shoes come up wider than others. Elefanten is a good make of shoe and they have a website that gives you some information , I think you should be able to buy them in Belgium as you can get them in Luxembourg.

Rosita Wed 27-Jul-11 17:10:34

Thank you all very much for the info!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now