Talk

Advanced search

West Africa (Sierra Leone) anyone??

(6 Posts)
ZamMummyInGabs Tue 12-Jul-11 21:45:32

We are probably moving to Sierra Leone (Freetown) around Xmas time (!)
Who knows anything about West Africa? (have got friends in Lagos so have heard all the Nigeria stories)
Have been in Africa for 7 years but only Zambia & Botswana (hence nickname) which are pretty much Africa-Lite.
All tips/contacts greatly appreciated!

falasportugues Fri 15-Jul-11 22:33:03

Hi Zam! can't give you any tips: you give me some please! never lived in Africa but dream of taking kids and living for a year or more with family in Mozambique. what kind of work do you do? not sure how useful my skills would be really (tesol and interpret). would love to chat.

notsobusylizzy Sat 16-Jul-11 08:13:58

Isn't SL the second poorest country on earth?

ZamMummyInGabs Tue 16-Aug-11 14:00:55

Bumping for the school hol in UK fraternity sorority grin

iskra Wed 17-Aug-11 08:51:40

I met a friend of a friend who worked in SL for a year - he loved it. Think he was about to be transferred to Lusaka actually, when I met him. He didn't have a family though, so was probably all very easily enjoyable. Good surfing apparently!

Oh Zam that's very exciting. You get to go to all the very interesting African countries! We lived in Cameroon for 4 years and I loved it. The culture is very different from the East and South, much less reserved and much more vibrant. Lots of music and art and of course history is incredibly important to them. I've never been to SL though. What an adventure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now