Advanced search

car insurance

(5 Posts)
tigitigi Mon 11-Jul-11 17:37:06

Hi all - moving abroad soon, i'll stay resident here but DH will be resident in new country we are looking to keep a car in the UK for when we visit rellies. Can anyone reccomend a good insurer who will cover non UK residents.

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 12-Jul-11 05:34:37

If you are staying resident in the UK you can carry on with your normal car insurance or have I misunderstood.

natation Tue 12-Jul-11 07:13:10
Stuart Collins are a specialised car insurance broker, they may just sell you the policy you are looking for, but in fact your current insurer may be happy to continue to insure you too.

Missymoomum Thu 14-Jul-11 20:45:16

Eek, i've not told our insurance company that we're not living here at the moment! We have left our house empty so still have an address but the car is at my parent's house so my stepdad can give it a run about every now and then. We just changed the address of where the car is kept and it wasn't a problem other than it's costs a little more as it's not kept at our home address.

MrsDistinctlyMintyMonetarism Thu 14-Jul-11 22:06:26

Just been through all of this and yes, would second Stuart Collins. It's very expensive though - be warned.

Missymoomum - you need to be careful. It could well come under the title of not full disclosure and your insurance company could refuse to pay up if the worst happens.

Bearer of great news me. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: