Talk

Advanced search

Bonn,Germany: Need a (live in) nanny/au pair

(6 Posts)
lemur Fri 08-Jul-11 10:51:06

Hi,
We are moving to Bonn in three weeks and I need a nanny or au pair - any ideas on how to find one would be really helpful - links or agencies or newspapers...
Thanks so much

GoodListener Fri 08-Jul-11 11:47:17

I was a childminder for 20 years and loved looking after babies.. How old is your baby? I would do if i lived nearby, Be careful when looking for someone to look after your precious gift and please check them out and get references, reccomendations are best really
Ruth D

fraktious Fri 08-Jul-11 11:54:24

Felicity nannies are great.

Do you want an English speaking or German speaking carer? And do you need a nanny (can be FT, sole charge of younger children) or au pair (PT, unqualified/inexperienced, not really suitable for sole charge of children under 4 or 5)?

Au pairing is quite regulated in Germany with set pay, restricted hours, compulsory language lessons etc and j think your home language may need to be German to have a genuine au pair arrangement.

ZZZenAgain Fri 08-Jul-11 12:00:46

My (German) friend in Germany got an aupair through this Catholic agency. It is quite organised and they have weekly meetings where the aupairs got together, help with problems etc. There are quite a few things the host family has to do to set things up IIRC. She was happy with the whole set up

hereI should think if you call, someone there would speak English. They send German aupairs overseas and place foreign aupairs in Germany.

ZZZenAgain Fri 08-Jul-11 12:05:27

however since that is tied up with the au pair attending German language courses and a requirement is that German is spoken in the home in order to facilitate the au pair's language learning, it wouldn't work for you. Maybe they could point you in the direction of someone who could help with your specific au pair requirements

doradoo Sat 09-Jul-11 19:00:55

Have a look at this website http://www.toytowngermany.com/ it's for English speakers living in Germany.

If you're after an English-speaking Au-pair then it may be worth posting an ad on it.

It has loads of useful stuff about life in Germany on it too!

Good luck with the move - I'm also based in NRW and love it out here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now