Talk

Advanced search

Another Dubai question......

(4 Posts)
Betti Tue 05-Jul-11 11:28:33

Has anyone actually moved to Dubai before being securing a place at a school. I'm finding it very difficult to find any school with places for my 2 children. My DH will be moving in Sept and the schools have said there maybe availability in Sept but what I don't wAnt to do is take my children out of school in the UK and move them to Dubai and then find I can't get them into a school for 2 years.

What did you do if you went out there without a school place? Home school?

Thanks

louisea Tue 05-Jul-11 12:42:23

Try asking on the Expatwoman.com forum. There is a lot of movement over the summer, sometimes unexpeted.

modernmillie Wed 06-Jul-11 10:18:48

Have you been for a recce? That's what we did I found communicating by e-mail hopeless, once we went in person we got offered the places. Your problem now is that schools are finished for the summer but the registrars will be there. There is always huge movement over the summer and GEMS are opening a new school In DSO so there will be places.

escape Wed 06-Jul-11 10:34:45

You are not going to get any answers for weeks, I'm sorry to say. On the one hand, due to movement, you can end up at the ideal school, but most likely you will compromise on location etc. HOWEVER, most unlikely your children will have 'no' school to go to. Hate to promote it, but EW is perfect for predicaments such as this! good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now