Talk

Advanced search

So talk to me about food....

(3 Posts)
DronesClub Mon 04-Jul-11 13:29:16

DronesClub aka Safran aka the one who lives in Korea.... (sorry I name change a lot!)

Anyway talk to me about your local food. I sat down tonight with the kids for a meal of Mandu (Korean dumplings), yachaejeon (vegetable pancakes) and onigiri (rice balls wrapped in seaweed with different fillings) and I suddenly thought how I would never have dreamed of feeding the kids this when we lived in the UK. And they love it, wolf the stuff down.
We also love the Tonkatsu (pork cutlets) which are like the local equivalent of going to get fish and chips because you don't want to cook

So tell me about your local food and what you eat as a family that you never imagined you would back home....

RuthChan Mon 04-Jul-11 18:36:17

I cook Japanese food on a daily basis. It forms the majority of our diet.
DH is Japanese and 'needs' rice or he feels he hasn't eaten!
Like yours, my children wolf it down, but it's not food I would ever have anticipated myself cooking a few years ago!

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 05-Jul-11 10:24:27

Now that we are in Europe, we tend to eat English style food. DD adores mussels and razorclams so she gets those weekly normally [bleurgh]
When we lived in Oman, our food was middle eastern, when we lived in Thailand we had a lot of streetfood. It was cheaper to go to the restaurant next door than cook myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now