Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Malta in October! Any good international moving company recommendations?

(3 Posts)
Ninunina Sun 03-Jul-11 23:42:47

My DH and I are moving to Malta at the beginning of October. We have a small flat here in London and planning on taking most of our furniture and all other belongings. I will be 34 weeks pregnant at the time of the move, so I'm thinking it would be easiest if we inlcuded packing into the quote.

Can anyone recommend a good international moving company? Anyone we should avoid?

MistyB Tue 05-Jul-11 10:10:53

We used Atlantic Movers for our recent move to Geneva and they were great. They packed too and I would definetly include packing in the quote. We stayed in a neighbours house who was away on holiday during the packing process and the packers were very reassuring when they saw me. I think it is useful to have a look round the house when the packers have finished as on both ocassions when I have moved there were some small items that were not packed - once in a cupboard that was missed in the loft and this time some crucial lego bits from the bottom of DS's wardrobe!! Our stuff arrived 5 days after it left the UK in line with what they had advised us. The unpacking was amazing, my DH was there on the day to help with where things went and to ensure they actually unpacked as much as they could. They unpacked to surfaces, not put away so it was good to have m DH there (and not me!!) to put from surfaces to cupboards etc. On our last move, the movers did not unpack and it took us a long time to get things straight. You will most likely be in a "nesting" frame of mind and might find it quite stressful but take each step one at a time and tick it off in your head and try not to think about all the other things that have yet to happen, though are fully planned, they will all happen in time too!! Good luck with your move!!

escape Wed 06-Jul-11 10:36:03

Brittania Movers were good for us! I lived in Malta for 3 years and had 2 babies there, miss the place terribly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now