Talk

Advanced search

Aussie Mnetters - a bit of help please...

(14 Posts)
vigglewiggle Fri 01-Jul-11 10:55:59

Can anyone tell me whether they sell Method Cleaning products in Australia? We are going to be in Melbourne for 6 weeks and their washing liquid is the only one i've found that doesn't trigger DD's eczema.

I need to know whether i need to risk it leaking all over my suitcase or whether I can easily get hold of it over there.

roary Fri 01-Jul-11 12:48:18

Don't know, but I do know that I have this problem and have no difficulty with the much wider selection of sensitive laundry products. Their Omo Sensitive (which I think is Persil) is totally unscented, unlike the Persil one, and I do very well with it. But I'd take some as it's quite small and you can just put in a ziploc bag. It will probably be cheaper here anyway!

vigglewiggle Fri 01-Jul-11 12:53:10

Thanks. The problem is, she's only 3 and a bit of a piddle-pants grin so I do LOTS of washing. I reckon I'd get through at least 2 bottles! I will take some though, uness I can be sure to get some there.

savoycabbage Fri 01-Jul-11 13:19:45

You could try e-mailing Thomas Dux which is a shop that sells quite a few imported things as well as more swank things in general.

vigglewiggle Fri 01-Jul-11 13:27:29

Thank you. Will do.

Sooty7 Fri 01-Jul-11 18:13:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lulalullabye Fri 01-Jul-11 22:55:06

Yes they do sell method products in all the supermarkets. Will look for you when shopping later.

vigglewiggle Sat 02-Jul-11 09:40:45

Thank you Lulalullabye that sounds promising.

lulalullabye Mon 04-Jul-11 05:54:59

Ok. Went to my normal supermarket today and no method washing stuff. Method everything else but not that. I do frequent various supermarkets, so keep checking and I will try to find some!

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 04-Jul-11 05:57:07

Definitely they sell Method at Coles, not sure about Woolworths. Both readily available all through Melbourne. Might not be as extensive a range as the UK, though, as Lula says.

vigglewiggle Mon 04-Jul-11 21:17:54

Thank you. My DH is heading out a few day before me, so I'll get him to check the stores mentioned and if he can't get any i'll take some (well-sealed) in my suit-case.

Thanks all. smile

savoycabbage Tue 05-Jul-11 04:36:37

I have just looked in the big Woolworths at Westfield and there was none to be seen.

vigglewiggle Tue 05-Jul-11 08:47:06

Thank you for looking. I emailed Thomas Dux, they don't stock it. I'll send DH straight to Coles and see what he can find.

gotobedsleepyhead Tue 05-Jul-11 11:28:47

Vigglewiggle I have extremely sensitive skin & omo sensitive is fine on me if that's any comfort. I've got method shower cleaner but never noticed if there's a washing powder/liquid before - will try to have a look next time I'm out. I can understand you not wanting to risk using anything different on your little one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now