Talk

Advanced search

phones when visiting UK

(6 Posts)
empirestateofmind Fri 24-Jun-11 14:28:39

We are visiting the UK soon and will be there for six weeks. I am wondering what to do with my iphone as I want to be able to use it for calls but I don't want to be on roaming charges.

Does anyone know if you can get the small iphone sim cards as pay as you go in the UK?

redexpat Sun 26-Jun-11 00:14:38

Ooh pass. Think this is the sort of thing you can ask a friend or family member to find out for you. Alternatively could you look online?

I have a PAYG sim for my very old nokia.

empirestateofmind Sun 26-Jun-11 05:53:30

Thanks redexpat I'll have a look on-line. I don't think my family or friends use iphones. I know I can get a PAYG for my old Nokia but I was hoping to be able to use my iphone as I am addicted to it like it.

savoycabbage Sun 26-Jun-11 06:45:58

Yes, I did just that at Christmas. My phone didn't work at the stopover in Dubai.I just went in to O2 when I got there and I kept the UK sim card in for the flight home so my pesky infant could play on the phone.

empirestateofmind Sun 26-Jun-11 16:46:41

Thanks savoy, that's good to know as the O2 website isn't helpful and only mentions full size sim cards.

Orange seem to do the micro sims. The website had a number to call if you wanted one but the number is only manned office hours.

Sounds like I can get one, which is good news.

savoycabbage Sun 26-Jun-11 22:52:24

Mine was O2 but I just went in the shop nearest where I was standing leaving plenty of time to race around the shops I was actually interested in. Which was many, many shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now